Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 29

         Today we got some more images done for our powerpoint. Elaine brought in more plants that we needed to image with the optimal microscope. So I went right to work on those. Afterwards I put them in our powerpoint. This is a lengthy process because the microscope only has a broad enough view to image a small section of a plant stem. This problem translates into me carefully overlapping many images of the same plant to get the entire stem. In addition to that we also ran slice thickness scans on one of the plants. However the signal was so low in these images once we countered the automatic intensity scaling feature that these images were useless due to their darkness.
         We spent most of the day doing these things so we weren't able to do the theory part of our presentation. That is tomorrow's task...

No comments:

Post a Comment