Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 19

         Today Elaine and I managed to get a lot done. In the morning we began working on our powerpoint. Because the NMR machine is still down, we have abandoned the idea of creating a presentation that focuses on the dehydration of plants and the effects of certain liquids. So now we think we'll give a presentation on how to optimize NMR image quality by showing the effects of certain variables. Such variables include slice thickness, magnitude of the magnetic field, sample relaxation time, as well as a few more technical variables.
          We began working on our powerpoint. We wrote a few slides that had to do with the basic science principles behind NMR imaging. In the afternoon we went back over to the college of science to work on the parameters for the old NMR. After two hours Dr. Hornak was able to get it working pretty well. This was very uplifting to us.
          That was pretty much it for the day. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it felt like we made a lot of progress with our final presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment