Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First Day!

        My name is Sarah and I am just finishing up my first day on the job. Today was a lot more fun than I had imagined. We started the day with a general staff meeting and got the business parts of this job all set up. Our task for the morning was to go throughout campus and find designated objects, also know as a scavenger hunt. We were split in three groups and we were competing against each other for imaging science t-shirts. I am sad to say that our team placed second so no free shirt for me. 
NMR tube
NMR spectrometer
        This afternoon I talked with Dr. Hornak about the plan for the summer. What I know so far is that I will be working with Elaine and viewing images of objects less than 4.5 mm in diameter with the new NMR machine. Together we are supposed to find substances in which the NMR will show a "pretty picture." To help us with this Elaine and I have to read up on the basic principles of MRI. Today was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment