Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 10

          Today was another short day. I started early again, and as a result, have almost finished reading Dr. Hornak's online book. Then we had a breakfast during this morning's meeting. Prati wanted all of us to eat the muffins that she had burnt. She said they weren't half bad, so I asked her if she had had one...the answer?.....no. It made us all laugh.
          Then Elaine and I went down to the lab. We continued to scan developing seeds in the MRI tubes. After that we went outside and cut some small tree branches that would fit in the NMR tubes. We also brought some copper sulfate solution to but the branches in. The idea being that it will increase signal and therefore create a better picture. We went back to the lab and checked on the internet the names of the trees from which we had taken the branches.
          Then the best part of the day was jewelry camp. The kids I'm working with are absolutely adorable. Not a single dull moment.
            I got back to RIT and caught up with Elaine. It seems that not much occurred while I was gone. So now I'm trying to learn how to use Dimp because Dr. Hornak didn't think that the pictures altered on iphoto were that great. So all in all, not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment