Thursday, July 21, 2011
Today turned out to be one of the best days yet! First we drove over to the NTID part of campus (way too hot to walk). We went to one of their labs and got permission to borrow their microscope with a digital camera. Elaine and I spent the morning setting up the microscope to the camera and the computer, and we had time to take many photos. The images came out gorgeous; they were clear, detailed, and the right size. After lunch we imaged with the NMR the tree branches we had photographed earlier. The quality was significantly poorer in comparison with the microscope photos. But then we imaged a fish we had soaked in copper sulfate overnight. Those images turned out relatively well. At the end of the day, we converted all of the scans we had run this week into jpeg format. All in all, a very successful day.